Synapse is a collection of author profiles, providing access to an inventory of published content from our researchers, clinicians, nurses and healthcare professionals. As the name implies, Synapse is the user’s point of "connection" to publications authored by Memorial Sloan Kettering staff.
- Find authors and groups of authors
- Subscribe to RSS feeds
- Search articles by index fields including DOI and PMCID
- Connect to full-text documents or request them via Document Delivery Service
- Export works to the bibliographic management tool, EndNote
- Explore an article's research impact using attention metrics provided via Altmetric
Synapse Version 2 (V.2) is running on the open source software BibApp
, developed by the University of Wisconsin and University of Illinois.
Resources used to populate Synapse
Synapse is updated on a monthly basis using the following bibliographic databases:
- SCOPUS – scientific, technical and medical literature
- Web of Science – sciences and social sciences
- BIOSIS Citation Index – life sciences, biological and biomedical research
- CINAHL – Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature
- PsycINFO – psychology and related disciplines
For more information about these and other resources, visit the Library Website
. Authors are encouraged to notify us if they have contributed to a book publication.
Synapse contains references for journal articles, books/chapters, conference papers, meeting abstracts and other items published by MSK authors. Currently, Synapse includes content from ~2002 to the present. Content from 1996 to 2001 is scheduled for inclusion in the near future, starting with 2001. If you would like to receive updates about our progress with this, contact Bernadette Joe
Note: In-press, epub and “online before print” publications have been excluded because they lack full pagination. Once fully published, they will be indexed in Synapse. For a list of currently in-press publications, use the In Press
tab on the main menu.
Key Goals of Synapse
- Increase the visibility and promote the work & collaboration of researchers, clinical experts, and nurses at the center
- Ensure MSK publications are "discoverable"
- Provide access to the full-text document or the Library's Document Delivery Service
- Support our authors by helping them keep their CV's up to date
Synapse is maintained by the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Library
and is an ongoing collaborative effort. If you are a Memorial Sloan Kettering author and notice that any of your publications are missing or incorrect, please contact us
. We look forward to working with you to maintain an accurate collection!